Thursday, December 14, 2006

My current top five favorite vegetables

No particular order:
  • Mr. Lunt
  • Lettuce
  • Dandelions
  • Terry Schiavo
  • Sweet Corn

This list was pretty hard because I don't really like vegetables in general.

Did you know that depending on how it is harvested, corn can either be a vegetable or a grain? It's a vegetable when you eat the kernels and they're still soft and juicy. But it's a grain when you let it dry out, then mash it up or something.

For some reason the supreme court had to decide whether tomatoes were fruits or vegetables (Nix v Hedden for you fact checkers). They went with vegetables. That doesn't really matter though because I don't like tomatoes, so they're not on the list.

Also seriously dandelions are vegetables. I guess people put them in salads? How many more fun facts would you like today?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dandelions make wine too, but would that make them a fruit, a grain, or what? My sister once had to harvest all the flowers for this winemaking experiment...I don't think she'll volunteer again

2:51 PM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home